India is going through rapid transformation now, I was born in India during the post economic liberalization there in a family of farmers. We spent a significant amount of our early childhood in our coconut farm living a traditional village life. My perspective about life is deeply rooted there. Reading played an important part of my life. Throughout school was a very active competitor in sports & athletics, sciences and quizzing. I made myself good in Middle & high school providing enough to get a life changing experience at Vellore Institute of Technology, one of the top technology schools in India to get a Bachelors in Information Technology. Computers were new to me at that time as most people I knew did something with them for living. I managed to get hold of freelance consulting practice, delivering services in data processing as a teenager in the college dorm after trying different things previously and was quite successful with that. I had an office, employed people, hired contractors and delivered services to clients in over 25 countries. I wanted to pursue a new challenge so I made up my mind to pack my bags to The Great White North – Canada!
After coming to Canada, I graduated from University of Ottawa’s Master of E-Business program and Harvard University’s Information Management systems liberal arts program graduating with a Dean’s list and the prestigious Derek Bok Public Service prize. At Harvard, I was also in the team that finished in the finals at the President’s challenge and a resident at the Harvard Innovation lab. For my volunteering efforts using technology supporting the Millennium Development Goals, United Nations awarded the most prestigious Online Volunteer of the year award 2012. I also volunteered at the Summer Olympic games in London 2012 earning a personal appreciation from the British Prime Minister and also worked for Startup Canada, a grassroots Entrepreneurship movement in Canada closely working with the Founders and CEO.
Have passionately given my time and skills for the benefit of people and the community around me. Working towards goals that lead to the greater good for everyone also provide the greatest amount of personal satisfaction and fulfillment. I actively advocate for Internet access to everyone, blood & organ donation, privacy & net neutrality, micro-finance for micropreneurs in the developing world, wildlife conservation and UN’s sustainable development goals. One of recent projects is a comprehensive Datasets/Projects platform named Systema Naturae for Wildlife conservation. I am truly blessed to have found meaning in the work I have been doing and always looking to provide a positive impact.
I also was invited to join The World Economic Forum’s Youth under 30 – Global Shapers community as part of the Toronto hub to work on projects that will make our world a better place.
Master of Liberal Arts in Information Management Systems, Dean’s List Academic Achievement Award, Winner of Derek Bok Public Service Prize.
Master of Electronic Business Technologies (MEBT)
Certificate Program in Agri-Business Management (PGPABM)
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology (BTech)
Awards & Honors
- 2018 – World Economic Forum – Global Shaper – Toronto Hub
- 2017, 2016 – Oracle Corporation Excellence Award
- 2015 – Harvard University’s most prestigious Derek Bok Public Service Prize
- 2015 – Harvard University’s Dean’s List Academic Achievement Award
- 2014 – Harvard University’s Presidents Challenge Finalist @ Harvard iLab
- 2013 – University of Ottawa International Student Bursary
- 2012 – United Nations Online Volunteer of the Year 2012 Award
- 2012 – Relay Baton & Personal Appreciation from British Prime Minister for my work at London 2012 Olympic games.
Some Books that inspired me
- Outliers: The Story of Success – Malcolm Gladwell
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business – Charles Duhigg
- Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think – Brian Wansink
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions – Dan Ariely
- Little Book of Common Sense Investing – John Bogle
- The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham
- Guns, Germs, and Steel – Jared Diamond
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Steve Jobs – Walter Isaacson
Organizations I support Actively
- Startup Canada
- Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs
- Canadian Blood Services
- UN Volunteers
- Internet Society
- Association of African Entrepreneurs